Oh, yea. They are REALLY religious in the south, the one of the first things we saw in Kentucky was a HUGE (bigger than a windmill) white cross. yep. I know what I'm getting into.. sort of.
Monday, August 15, 2011
Saturday August 13th, 2011, America
Today has been one of my favorites. We woke up at 4am, I was NOT hyper. Surprisingly, my parents were and woke me up with too much energy for me to be very happy. Once in the car, I had more energy and couldn't go to sleep. I then told my parents about my fears of giant boulders, werewolves, creepy people and fog. Then we passed by a prison and went onto the subject of those when my mom busted out "look where we are and look what we are talking about!". So me and my dad talked about cooking. I missed all of Kentucky except for the welcome sign because I was asleep and was soon being woken up (again!) because we were in Tennessee. This was my favorite state and the whole family agrees with me, even though so many people were looking at us and one lady even said "oh look, there's those dang yankees"(my dad said this would happen) but, you gotta' love the accents and other than that EVERYONE was so polite! I was scared and confused...! We stopped to eat breakfast at a place called- The Loveless cafe which is very famous and has had so any singers, celebrities and chefs eat there (I can see why!) It had the best Ham, biscuits, grits and fruit preserves i'd ever had, plus I got An RC cola and moon pie (some southern thing I guess?) along with a t-shirt. Let me tell you though, the suburbs of this place are LOADED with $$$, Every house is a mansion (they call them plantations) with columns and a pool! As we kept driving we saw huge mountains that i'm sure about 3000 totoros live in and super cool foliage. Once in Atlanta Georgia, the traffic was HORRID but a blown up semi contributed to that, haha. By 6pm we everyone was just starting to get hungry again (we ate at 10am) except for me, I was hungry at 12pm :S. So you know it's Georgia! We want real southern BBQ, so we stopped at a place called like "The pit stop BBQ" which was So good! We continued on our way and were less than 200 miles away from Ocala, Florida when my dad busts out singing along with 'Kiss' (the band) and "The place" by talking heads... geese. Then finally after a few unsanitary gas stations with dish soap in place for regular hand soap, and a few rest stops we arrived at out destination- The howard Johnson hotel. It was much nicer and the New florida air smelled like Camp snoopy but better (in my opinion, you know, how it's like a tropical sort of smell)! That was the end of day 2. We had been on the road 19 hours today, but we did it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment